Umrah: Foundations of Our Faith Tour
Return to the foundations of our faith, physically and spiritually, by joining us for the journey of a lifetime. Over a few days, we will visit the blessed city of Mecca to perform Umrah and tawaf of the Kabah and also visit the blessed city of Medinah to pray in the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) masjid and greet him (peace be upon him) standing before his resting place. Throughout the trip, lessons will be shared emphasizing the basics of purity, prayer, and faith, while also recollecting the great events of the Prophetic Seerah.
A week long Umrah trip for brothers only is currently planned for late 2023. Express interest using the form below. Once trip dates are confirmed, we will email all interested parties to formally register.
- Short group meetings beginning one month before departure to prepare for the journey (held twice weekly online via Zoom). Topics include wudu, prayer, spiritual and legal dimensions of Umrah, and review of a spiritual and physical departure checklist.
- Daily buffet, breakfast and dinner, at hotels in both Mecca and Madinah.
- Daily group huddle and reminder each morning and evening, followed by group tawaf while in Mecca
- Early morning hike to Masjid Quba in Medinah (1.5 hours), for those who would like to participate
- Bus tours to Hudaiybah in Mecca and Uhud in Medinah with on-site talks covering aspects of the Prophetic Seerah
Sacred Learning organizes one trip annually. Exact dates and times are generally released months before departure. Complete the interest form above (express interest box) to receive updates about future trips.
Pricing per adult ranges from $2500 to $3000, depending on the number of occupants in a room and whether the trip occurs during the low or high travels seasons. This includes round-trip airfare from Chicago, 5 star hotels in Makkah and Madinah, buffet breakfast, visa for US citizens, and transportation throughout the journey.